Sweet sisters! I was going back through some unfinished blogs I was writing and I found this from August 2020! LOL I am going to share this as a TESTIMONY for my lesson of the day in my 30 in 30 series. It is now January 2021 and God made it clear that this “Hot” young man was not the man for ME. Glory to God, Our Father who saves us from ourselves! LOL Read and enjoy! See my true process, because this is as real as it gets! Blessings!
I had to chuckle at the title when I wrote it. I want to keep it 100% real with you sis, GUARD YOUR HEART. I’m not saying to put 10 latches and locks on it with a moat and alligators around it, but at least a window with a screen and a storm window.
If you’re anything like me, your waiting (as patiently as possible) for the kingdom man that God has created for you. You’re waiting on God to release you to him and you both build a God-glorifying life together until Jesus cracks the sky. Are you with me? But if there is one thing I KNOW from nearly 30 years of living and (interestingly) nearly 10 years of singleness (a boyfriend with a TITLE and stated God-glorifying intentions), I know that before the covenant comes the counterfeit. Guard your heart.
Some very valuable lessons came from the few failed relationships I experienced. I learned that God’s standard of purity weeds out any and EVERY man not sent by God. I also learned that I am a jewel of infinite value and the responsible jeweler that God is, would not put one of His most precious jewels in the hands of a man who will mishandle it. All in all, I have learned to protect the in between places.
I have a post that I wrote called “Protect the In Between(s),” that I want you to go back and read. Honestly, I’m going to go back and read it too. In a nutshell, it is about protecting four areas. The space between your eyes (your mind), the space between your chest (your heart), the space between your legs (your virtue), and the space between where you are and where you want to be. The encouragement in it all is guard and give God your heart.
My prayer for myself and you reading this is that when (by faith) we are found by our respective Mr. Wonderful, we can properly discern that it is indeed him. This discernment only comes from a heart that has been in constant communion with Holy Spirit.
I recently met a guy and was smiling ear to ear! He is HOT! I mean he got it goin’ on! However, I have to lay this before Holy Spirit. He gave me his number (and I haven’t gotten a number in YEARS). I texted him about work for (the outside of) my house, (because he’s a tradesman). Girl, the FIRST thing that came to my mind was the title of this post… HELP!!!! He’s HOT! I know that I’m not the only one holding on for dear life in my waiting season and in need of encouragement. I’m going to tell myself a thing or two and I pray it blesses you.
1. You are a daughter of God. He is your Father and loves when you come to Him about any and everything on your heart.
2. Your Heavenly Father loves you enough to to answer when you speak to Him. So bravely ask His thoughts on the matter of this attractive young man, then listen for His response.
3. If your loving Heavenly Father gives a stop sign where you want a green light, listen to Him. His plan FAR exceeds yours and He can be trusted. He knows what’s best for you.
4. Remember that delayed obedience is still disobedience and that a delay in obedience can result in unnecessary situations you’re not ready for.
5. Guard your heart. Surrender it to God.
6. God is good regardless if this is your counterfeit or covenant. Trust that He doesn’t send confusion, tricks, schemes, or anything of the like. He only sends good and perfect gifts.
7. Love your future with Jesus Christ enough to obey no matter what. The intimacy you’re looking for can absolutely be met by the love Christ gives.
Phew. There it is. There is my encouragement to myself. There is my open accountability letter. There is my fork in the road choice to make. I will be as Enoch and walk in the same direction as God, in sync with God, for a long period of time with God, until I reach God’s home. I will discern and trust the voice of God, choosing to love Him because He first loved me. I have self control and I will guard my heart. I control my eye. My eye does not control me.
I pray your encouraged sis. Wait on the Lord. Again I say, wait on the Lord.
#30in26 #helpcame #Jesusismyhelp #refreshher