I was recently looking at a video from a Christian couple who “redefines relationships righteously.” Their video was called “God still gives out love stories.” I listened to what they had to say, and over all it was a good message. One thing they noted was that a part of their story was that they both liked doing missions. They encouraged that people start giving and doing things to show selflessness so that the quality of a giver can be seen. I heard their point and thought about leaving a comment.
Like others who were probably watching the video, I thought about the old me about a year or two ago. My instant comment would have been, “Ok, but I’m a broke social worker who doesn’t have money to travel the world or country doing missions, so what do I do?” Then I thought about all the ways that the quality of a giver can be seen in simple everyday actions. THEN, all of a sudden, Holy Spirit interjected and said, “God likes gifts too.” I paused and asked, “What type of gifts does God, the Creator of the universe, and Lord of all, like to receive?” Taking out all of the deepness, Christian-ease, and complicatedness, I believe Holy Spirit is saying this:
Gifts God loves to receive:
- Your ear– Our Great God is a loving Father, and fathers like to teach their children things. Look at many of the Proverbs:
- 4:1 Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding.
- 4:10 Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.
- 4:20 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words.
- 5:1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight,
- 5:7 Now then, my sons, listen to me; do not turn aside from what I say.
- The gifts He’s given you to steward– God has given us precious gifts for the uplifting and building up of His Kingdom in this earth. I was sitting on my couch in worship and I was listening to a worship song that sang that I am withholding nothing. I raised my hand, and it was almost like my spirit surrendered my gift for me. In my spirit, I said, “God, I give you my gift of organization.” I nearly cried. It caught me off guard that I was withholding that, something I’d think of to be so insignificant, God wanted even that. What gift is inside of you to steward and give back to God for His use through you?
- Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: – Psalm 37:5
- For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
- Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3
- For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. -Philippians 2:13
- The sacrifice of praise– this one hit home for me. God loves our praise. Turn off the show, the phone, the distractions, and sacrifice your due praise to our Great God! HE IS WORTHY!
- By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. – Hebrews 13:15
Sisters, just as much as we love to receive a gift, random or planned, so does God. Give Him your heart, your hands, your feet, you allegiance, you love, your soul. Believe me, all of you is useable to God. Nothing will be wasted in your surrendering of gifts to Him.
#submit #giver #lovegave #lovegives #refreshher