I am closing one chapter and starting a new! Today is my 29th birthday, and I am so very grateful that God has seen fit to give me this long on this side of glory. To build an altar, I want to offer up my praise for the many blessings He has bestowed upon me!
Twenty-nine reasons why I’m grateful…
- I’m alive! The enemy tried to take me out and I’m still here!
- I am in a reasonable good state of health.
- My family is well and HERE.
- God is allowing me to have my grandfather here to celebrate another birthday with me! He could have died last year, but God said not yet, and I am so grateful for His decision.
- I have shelter that I can afford
- I have a job that is presenting opportunities for me to be the salt and light of Christ
- I am smiling more than I ever have in life!
- Despite hardships I still believe that God loves me and His plan for me is GOOD
- The decision I made not to foster a child at this season in life God knew how hard of a decision that was for me to say not yet to and He wrapped me in so much love and is giving me time to develop until HE is ready for me to extend myself in that way
- Lynae– she is the girl who made me “Auntie Baby.” She brings me SO much joy!
- Jade– she is my little sweetie pie niece. She has a seed inside of her that I am grateful I get a part in watering
- Jewel– Her laugh and her lisp make her so unique. I am so proud to be her aunt
- My parents– they are here, they love me, and even as seasons ebb and flow, I never question if I am loved by them
- SALVATION!!!! Yall!!!! I get the privilege to know God and make Him known! He saved and changed me from the inside out and His relentless love does not let me miss a lesson as I mature in Him!
- My sister– we are growing in a better direction. I love her, and at the end of the day, she was my first friend. I’m grateful for her support and pray God’s comfort of her heart when she finally comprehends that I truly am Mommy and Daddy’s favorite, LOL!!!!
- My grandma– she sharp yall, but I love her. 90% of the stuff that comes to her mind, she says, 73% of that 90% is better left unsaid, but I love her!
- My Elizabeth– words fail to express how supported and loved I am by her. God gave me an amazing natural sister, but my spiritual sister… God broke the mold. Thank you for loving ME.
- A new song– I asked God for one and I believe He will set one in my heart so that I can worship Him and show Him my love in song
- This blog– this was the boldest and most courageous move I’ve made since 2017 when I launched Auntie Baby’s Princess Academy– thank you Jesus for breathing on this blog, I pray your love flows through it to every reader
- Hope– God will not allow me to give up on me. He refreshes and breathes on my dreams, His dreams for me when I cooperate. It makes me smile to know that because He is God I’m good good.
- Truth– the Word of God SAVES and CHANGES folks yall! I’m a witness!
- Cornerstone– thank you Jesus for opportunity to be and become who you are making me all the while loving your daughters through My Elizabeth and me.
- My Bible(s)- I always have an opportunity to hear and obey God because he has put his word in my hands and my heart. He is growing me in knowledge, understanding, and wisdom. It is preserving me day by day
- Boundaries– I am finally learning how to be assertive yet graceful; stand up for myself whilst letting God defend me; and exercise the word “No,” in love to protect my peace
- Prayer– There have been prayers going up on my behalf from people who truly love me. I feel them, I see their fruit, and I’m grateful
- Full Armor of God– y’all, if God didn’t fit me in his armor there would have been some darts that would have taken me out the game spiritually at 28– the dart of comparison, the dart of covetousness, the dart of discontentment, the dart of lust. They tried to launch a fiery attack on my heart, But the full armor of God sustained me.
- Project impact– it is still impacting my life today (just check the fruit– the word is Working!)
- 28 years of God fighting for me– He pursued me first, He won my heart. He marked me as his own, and he does not allow HIS to be snatched from his hand. His glory filly the temple of my heart. He has never lost a battle.
- Today, my 29th birthday, my best year yet! Thank you Jesus Christ! I want to please and love you like never before this year!
My Birthday Prayer for Myself
Ephesians 1:15-23 King James Version (KJV)
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Ephesians 3:14-21 New International Version (NIV)
A Prayer for the Ephesians
14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
And that He would teach me how to pray.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.