Sis! God dropped this one just for me. I really hope it blesses you though. First I will provide some context:
- I’m a 28 year old virgin
- I have had ample opportunity to NOT be a 28 year old virgin
- I’m only a 28 year old virgin because of the magnificent, unending, love and protection and correction of Almighty GOD
- I have tried to get as close to the edge of the cliff of preserving my virginity without falling off, and each encounter left me broken at the thought of how far I went and how close the call was for my Rescuer. Each instance left an emptiness, a disappointment in my lack of self control, and a revelation of my heart condition and what I needed God to deliver me from
- and yet again, the only good thing in me is Christ Jesus’ Holy Spirit. HE is the reason that I have not dragged my body through the dirt of a union that is so sacred but can be so poisoning outside of the protection of marriage. HE is the reason why conviction strikes and repentance presents itself for me to grasp and change from
- It gets harder to crawl out of guilt and shame of where my thoughts sometimes go and where my actions want to take me, but repentance, the 180 degree turn from sin and to God with the mind to never turn back again is always the right option
- And once more, I’m ONLY currently a virgin today because of the never-ending, all consuming, reckless love of GOD
So how is that for background information? Onto the encouragement that Holy Spirit reminds me of, always on time, but sometimes I’m a little late to the party. One morning a few months ago, I was in the fight of the month, you know ladies, that blessed fertility window fight. The window of time where one of the reasons why you were created reminds you that you are 100% woman and 100% ready to function in your creation role, but, errrrrrrkkkkkk, screeches the wheels of virginity, you do not yet have a God-honoring outlet through marriage. So what now? Now, you protect the in-between(s).
There are 4 in betweens that Holy Spirit told me I need to protect:
- Protect what’s between your eyes– your mind
- Protect what’s between your chest– your heart
- Protect what’s between your legs– your virtue
- Protect the space between where you are and where you desire to be
Ok, this is the cliff hanger! Check the next post for the way Holy Spirit spells these out for us.