I am just a woman who is in love with Jesus and wants to share it with the world!
My story is super simple. I wore a mask for a very long time. I got an A+ in people pleasing and it was whooping my tail! I thought more highly of myself than I ought and when people told me about myself I broke down into pieces. Funny thing is, not many people told me about myself. One day, got tired of the mask, of being perfect and a high achiever for everybody else, and I wanted to end my story. But then, God jumped in and replaced my period with a comma. He became MY God and I became HIS daughter. Every since then I have been on a humbling journey.
Why Refresh Her Course?
- Because we all need refreshing! We all need that drop of encouragement in our day to hold on a know that things will get better!
- Because I need it.
Who am I writing to?
I am writing to you. The woman who is navigating life in the world. The woman who is at the space between where she is and where she wants to be. I am writing to the woman who is ready for change. The woman who desires to grow closer to God, figure out what life with Him is really like and figure out who she is in Him. I am writing to the woman who needs a little extra push to keep going, and the one who needs direction on what life could, even should look like right now for her. I am writing to myself. I am giving up all the things I needed said to me, and all the things that were said to me to make me, me. I am writing to the girl who is seeking and open, curious and distracted. I am writing to you, and you, and you, and you.
- I am writing publicly instead of privately keeping a journal because I know that there is a woman out there who needs the encouragement that God has been investing in me for all theses years
- I will be writing about Jesus and His love for us, lessons from My Elizabeth, hard lessons God has downloaded in me, and testimonies of His goodness through exercising principles
- I would love to connect with other women who just need that extra push, a little bit of refreshing
- I hope to accomplish building a community of daughters submitted to Our Heavenly Father and living lives that please Him. Success would be defined as you, the reader taking in the Living Water of the Word and being transformed by it. I want you to walk away from this blog refreshed
Definition of Refresh
- give new strength or energy to; reinvigorate.
- stimulate or jog (someone’s memory) by checking or going over previous information.
- revise or update (skills or knowledge).
- pour more (drink) for someone or refill (a container) with drink.
- to restore strength and animation to : REVIVE
- to freshen up : RENOVATE
- to restore or maintain by renewing supply : REPLENISH
- AROUSE, STIMULATE
- to run water over or restore water to
- to update or renew (something, such as an image, the contents of a computer memory, or the displayed version of a Web page) especially by sending a new signal
Definition of Course
- the act or action of moving in a path from point to point
- the path over which something moves or extends
- the direction of travel of a vehicle
- accustomed procedure or normal action
- a chosen manner of conducting oneself : way of acting
- progression through a development or period or a series of acts or events
Based on these definitions you can figure out what I am here to do.
This blog is here to refresh and revive you through the exhortation, instruction, and encouragement of Christ, so that you can move through life knowing Him and making Him known!Mission of Refresh Her Course
Enjoy the Journey!